2016 can be a great year! You can be your best you! You can be your healthiest and happiest! I'll tell you though, it usually doesn't happen by making a new year's resolution. We have all heard by now, that the majority of resolutions fail. Why do they fail so often?
Approximately 50% of people make resolutions every New Year. The top ones often are to lose weight, exercise more, stop smoking, and improve money management/debt reduction. People make resolutions as a way to motivate themselves to change their lives. The failure to maintain resolutions is because people set unrealistic, unattainable goals. The other problem is that people think theses goals or resolutions, once complete, will change their lives completely and then when that life change doesn't come, they give up all together.
This isn't to say, we shouldn't be setting goals and resolutions for ourselves but that they should be attainable. Don't set yourself up for failure!
Sometimes, we need to face the fact that we need help achieving our goals.
- Want to improve your health? Talk to me or another healthcare professional.
- Want a better attitude in 2016? I can help you find a qualified therapist if you don't already know one.
- Need to get in shape? Hire a personal trainer.
- Do you want to get your finances under control? Meet with a financial advisor.
These professionals can help you reach & stick to your resolutions. It has been shown that if a person has someone else that they are accountable to, they are more likely to succeed.
So you can't afford to "hire" someone to help keep you on track? Find friends who will help keep you in line with understanding, compassion and a bit of tough love!
Go set and stick to those resolutions! Be realistic. Be honest with yourself and the expectations you put on yourself. We're only human. Start with small steps towards your goals, inching you successfully to that larger goal. We fail. It's human nature. The trick is to not let it defeat you! And never be afraid to ask for help!
Get more greens in your diet this year!!
- Chop them up well & add them to any soup, pasta dish or on a pizza
- Toss them in a smoothie with some of your favorite fruits & a spoonful of peanut butter
- Dice them up & throw them into you eggs at breakfast
Whole Health Acupuncture's 2016 New Years Resolution:
Educate and Empower everyone I can to take Control of their healthcare!
P.S. Like what you've read? Share it and pass it on!